Sunday, March 28, 2010

Went car hunting today...

So after last night's ride home from hell, I heard about a junkyard that is open on Sunday! Woohoo! So I get directions, check the inventory and start checking bus schedules. Turns out there's no bus service on Sundays. WTF!?!?!
So I google the directions, and it's only 3 miles, so I'll walk. I print the map, stuff it in a Ziplock (It's raining today also) and hoof it to the pull-a-part. Made in just over an hour, not too bad for walking with a backpack full of tools. I get there, get the alternator and walk home. Feet are soaked, and I look like a drowned rat.
Then I find out that it's a bad alternator. DAMMIT!!! Oh, well let's go back and get another one. Same thing, bad alternator. Now I'm worried, cuz I have to get to work tomorrow. So I put the original alternator back on, head over to Autozone (driving with a spare battery in the back seat so I can get home if the one in the engine dies) and find out that the original alternator has decided o work again. HUH!?!?!?
So upshot is I have a working car and spent the whole day slogging through the rain with tools and an alternator on my back. But I did get the dome light replaced, and it even matches to color of the car! So it's all good at the end of the day. Tomorrow I go Festiva hunting in Akron on the way to work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment